Community Household Hazardous Products Disposal
Hamilton County R3Source is looking for community partners to make Household Hazardous Products (HHP) disposal more accessible and convenient for residents. We are piloting community drop-off events for up to five communities in 2023 and hope to expand the program to ten communities next year! These can be single or multi-day events.
Hamilton County ReSource will provide:
- Training on how to safely collect HHP.
- Collection materials.
- Safety equipment.
- Onsite chemist during the first day of the event to assist staff and volunteers.
- Pick-up service of materials collected.
- Assistance promoting the program if needed.
- Registration services if needed.
- A space within the community to collect the HHP.
- A place to store the collected materials until it can be picked-up.
- Employees and/or volunteers to collect and separate HHP from residents.
- Promotion of the program to their residents.
Communities can choose what they do and do not want to collect from the following list:
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Pesticides and fertilizers
- Motor vehicle fluids: Antifreeze, Gasoline, oil, and gasoline/oil mixes
- Solvents, thinners, and oil-based paints and stains
- Driveway sealers and tar
- Propane tanks
If you are interested in your community hosting an event in 2023 or 2024, contact Gage Bradford at 513-946-7746.