Communities, schools, non-profit organizations, and for-profit businesses are eligible to request funding for waste reduction, reuse, food rescue, composting, and recycling programs that significantly reduce waste in Hamilton County, Ohio. Grant proposals are considered for funding as they are received on a first come, first served basis. If funding runs out, applicants will be given the option to have their proposals considered the following year if funding is available. Applicants may request a maximum of $10,000 in grant funds.
Examples of potential grant projects include:
• Wasted food reduction (e.g., technology and/or equipment to reduce wasted food)
• Food rescue/recovery (e.g., cold storage to accommodate rescued food, technology to facilitate donation of surplus food)
• Composting (e.g., equipment to implement or expand small-scale composting infrastructure)
• Purchase of dishwasher and reusable tableware to replace disposable
• Signage or educational materials to improve your current programs
• Funding for reusable materials like pallets or shipping containers
For more information, review the grant package online or contact Cher Mohring at 513-946-7737.